On 15 May 2018, Johan Ysewyn and Maria Jaspers (DG COMP) presented on recent major developments in the area of EU cartel enforcement at the Advanced Competition Law Conference in London.
Their annual dual-presentation covered the traditional three pillars of enforcement, policy and court review. The topics covered in this latest instalment included:
- A review of recent investigations and decisions at EU and national level;
- The impact of the ECN+ proposals on cartel enforcement;
- The Commission’s anonymous whistle-blower tool;
- The emergence of algorithms and their potential implications on cartels;
- The presumption of innocence after ICAP and the judgment’s impact on staggered hybrids; and
- A review of the case-law of the Courts.
Covington Competition blog readers can access the official presentation slides: Advanced Comp Law_EU Cartel Enforcement (May 17- May 18)_final