The UK’s NSI Act comes into force on January 4th, 2022. In these brief audio recordings, our team sets out what companies in the energy, life sciences and technology sectors need to know about the UK’s newly expanded investment control regime. For further details contact any member of our London team.
In this episode, our team sets out what companies in the technology sector need to know about the UK’s newly expanded investment control regime including:
- Areas of the economy, including technology, in which mandatory filings may be required.
- How a filing requirement can be identified.
- The factors that may be relevant in considering submission of a voluntary filing and how policy considerations may influence “call-ins?”
- What to include in your transaction documentation to address risk, and the implications for the due diligence process and transaction timetable.
- What the potential sanctions can be when mandatory filings are missed.