On 25 September 2018, Covington’s Johan Ysewyn and Jim O’Connell will speak on cartels and merger enforcement, respectively, at the 12th Annual Georgetown Global Antitrust Enforcement Symposium in Washington DC.
This Symposium serves as a leading forum for in-house and outside counsel, policymakers, corporate executives, economists and academics to discuss the most recent issues in competition law and policy.
This year, in addition to our two Covington partners, speakers include Margrethe Vestager (European Commissioner for Competition, EU Commission), Makan Delrahim (Assistant Attorney General, Antitrust Division, U.S. DoJ) and Joseph Simons (Chairman, U.S. FTC).
Top officials from the competition law enforcement authorities of various jurisdictions around the globe, as well as leading antitrust academics and practitioners will participate in the program. The event will also include a Global Enforcers Roundtable.
The Symposium will contain the following keynote addresses and panel discussions:
- Keynote Address (by Margrethe Vestager)
- Panel 1 – Global Enforcers Panel
- Keynote Address (by Makan Delrahim)
- Panel 2 – Cooperation, Cartels and Buy-Side Market Power (with Johan Ysewyn)
- Keynote Address (by Joseph J. Simons)
- Panel 3 – Intellectual Property and Dominant Firms
- Panel 4 – Merger Enforcement (with Jim O’Connell)
For more information on this upcoming Symposium, see the organiser’s website.